Yikes, sorry to hear about your dad!
Here's the info I know about Sodium DCA:
* http://www.pharma-dca.com/ seems to be a reliable source.
* 70 kg weight. At such a bad state, take about 25 mg/kg - 1750 mg per day. You can split it into two doses (875 mg), just remember that he must drink quite a bit afterwards (two glasses of water at least) and eat a bit, if he can.
This makes sure that the DCA stays away from his stomach walls.
* Don't eat or drink anything hot or even warm after taking the DCA - it gets unstable at higher temperatures. Thus: cold tea only!
* Caffeine is a good idea: tea, coffee, perhaps even red bull?
* Vitamin B1 in the form of Benfotiamin, about 500 mg/day.
* I personal take DCA Mo-Fr, and none on Saturday and Sunday. Other people use a two week on/one week off pattern.
* I don't know of any foods to avoid.
Best of luck to you!
"What, I need a *reason* for
everything?" -- Calvin
"Should I or shouldn't I? Too
late, I did!" -- Hobbes