Other compounds to consider
DCA affects many tumors. However, side effects are limiting the dosages to the lower limits given on the Michelakis Patent. I, Jim Tassano, give my ideas for a low toxicity, do-it-yourself protocol (a plan for a course of medical treatment).
In January 2008 we became aware that there is a possibility that DCA might work much better when the patient also drinks lots of caffeinated tea. We made this observation based on just a few patients. This is certainly a hasty conclusion, but when we weigh the consequences of being wrong (embarrassment) against the consequence of being right (lives saved), the choice was obvious. So please read the information at the Tea and DCA page and decide for yourself.
Research shows the tiny, 4 carbon fatty acid butyrate has powerful anti-cancer actions and synergizes many other therapies. However, the body digests butyrate almost instantly. By using Tributyrin, made by attaching three butyrate units together, we can deliver butyrate into the body. Tributyrin as a stand-alone treatment in three clinical trials was well tolerated and able to stabilize the cancers in 20 to 25 percent of the patients. Recent research shows that when butyrate and DHA are used together against cancer cells, they act to normalize mitochondrial membrane potential, activating calcium ion channels and initiating apoptosis. This is similar to how DCA works.
Here are links to the supportive pages of the protocol components::
1. Tributyrin is made by connecting three butyrate molecules. It is an approved food additive that offers low toxicity and an amazing variety of anti-cancer actions and synergies.
2. DHA, the long chain fish oil, gets incorporated into cell membranes and helps initiate cell suicide (apoptosis). It greatly improves the actions of butyrate.
3. Synergy. Butyrate and DHA work powerfully together. Recent research reveals a mechanism of action very similar to how DCA works. Click here to see supportive research.
3. Anti-oxidants, particularly vitamins E and C are known to counter the effects of DHA. You should not take these anti-oxidants with this protocol. Free radicals are needed to force the cell to commit suicide. This issue is discussed and supported on the DHA, page.
4. Alpha lipoic acid might be a good supplement to take with DCA, as it is known they synergize. Click here for support article.
5. MMS. Sodium Chlorite, NaClO2. This is a very cheap and safe material. We use it for a variety of ailments.This stuff really works. Information at
An Experimental Protocol
This is an experimental protocol to synergize and extend beyond DCA. Tributyrin and DHA together offer a mode of action very similar to how DCA works. The use of DHA and tributyrin may open up other synergy possibilities as well. Dithiodinicotinic acid offers a nontoxic solution to blocking metastasis.
Here are my suggestions.
DCA at a dosage tolerable by the individual, likely to be around 10 to 12 mg/kg.
Tributyrin starting at 100 mg/kg three times a day (approximately 2 teaspoons three times a day). Use the practice of dose escalation (altering the dose up or down according to how well it is tolerated.) Do not exceed 400 mg/kg three times daily. Supportive research is on the tributyrin page.
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid, the omega-3, 22 carbon
fish oil) The maximum tolerated dose of DHA was 300 mg/kg. Start at 50 to 100 mg/kg and use dose escalation. See the DHA page for details.
No added anti-oxidants, such as vitamins E and C. They counter the effects. We need the free radicals to initiate apoptosis. (support given on the DHA page)
MMS is an amazing compound that we have seen work
on a vast array of ailments. It even wipes out inflammation. We all use it here, and so do many of our friends. It is cheap, safe and effective on numerous ailments. ANd many cancer patients are starting to repot that it helps them.
If you add just ONE thing to your DCA protocol, I strongly encourage you to add MMS. It is cheap and we can help you get it.
Questions? Email Jim Tassano
This is just the beginning of this protocol project.
The goal is to find safe unpatentable compounds that can help stop or reduce cancer.
DCA Topically Applied
Several DCA people have used DCA topically to treat skin cancers. The use of DCA with an aloe vera gel has been reported to show good results.