T-Cell Lymphoma

Home Forums General DCA Discussion T-Cell Lymphoma

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  billgeorge777 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

billgeorge777
    Participant

I was diagnosed with stage IV Mesothelioma in November 2009. I underwent 8 months of Chemo.

Last month I have been diagnosed with Mycosis Fungoidies stage III (Cutaneous T- Cell Lymphoma). I have been suffering from a rash that everyone thought to be spongiatic dermatitis (eczema). I initially developed this rash almost a year ago and it progressively became worst. I was recommended to see a dermatologist who took two biopsies that revealed the rash to be a drug eruption. I was given oral anti-histamines and topical steroids and was told that it would eventually ‘melt away’.

Several months went by and the rash became worst. The itching was intolerable and I had found myself only getting around 3-4 hours’ sleep every night. Went back to the dermatologist who thought the rash could be a post neoplastic syndrome and needed another biopsy to confirm the diagnosis. After another 2 skin biopsies they now claimed it was spongiatic dermatitis or eczema. I was told to go home and use a stronger topical steroid ointment with cold water compresses to relieve the symptoms and oral steroids (prednisone). The rash still persisted and became worst. I realized that it was now time to get a second opinion. The new dermatologist wasted no time and took several larger skin biopsies. The results were startling and upsetting. I was confirmed this rare form of skin cancer. The cancer progressed from patches to plaques and now is erythrodermic. I am about to have a PET scan and bone marrow test to see if there is any disease progression.

I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would have one deadly cancer (my current mesothelioma) and now to be diagnosed with a late stage skin lymphoma.

Can anyone please help??

Dan52
    Participant

Just for info, a recent study about DCA and T cell lymphoma: "Novel molecular mechanisms of antitumor action of dichloroacetate against T cell lymphoma: Implication of altered glucose metabolism, pH homeostasis and cell survival regulation." ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22705712 )

billgeorge777
    Participant

I am not sure whether the DCA works for me as I have read somewhere that it doesn’t work on all people and since I have been taking it now for the last couple of years (for my other cancer – asbestos cancer and now for this cancer). I started at a small dose and increased it to 45 mg/kilo but it made no difference to both cancers.

It seems logical that I may be in the group of people that it is ineffective.

Thanks for your help again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments Off

Comments are closed.