Safety of DCA and Aspirin taken together

Home Forums General DCA Discussion Safety of DCA and Aspirin taken together

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I hope to get a response from Dr. Strum.  But of course, anyone is welcome to comment.

Dear Dr. Strum,

Do you have any data or case reports about safety of taking DCA and Aspirin together?  If not, would you be willing to make an educated guess?

Here's the protocol that I have in mind:

DCA: 10 mg/kg daily, 7 days on 7 days off, or 5 days on 2 days off

Aspirin: 81 mg once a day or twice a day

I have a first-hand testimony from a patient who takes DCA 10 mg/kg and Asprin 81mg on a continuous basis.  He claims that he never had any adverse reactions from the combo.  Aside from that, I don't have any information.

The reason I'm interested in this protocol:

I have seen a number of retrospective population studies suggesting that regular Aspirin use reduces the risk of cancer.  Studies also found that regular Aspirin users who end up getting cancer are less likely to be diagnosed with metastatic disease.

My wife is currently in remission, but she is a very high risk to relapse. Extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma resected with Whipple, microscopically positive margins (R1), positive lymph nodes (2 out of 15 resected).

She received adjuvant therapy after Whipple.  She did 2 months of 5-FU chemoradiation, followed by 6 cycles of Gemcitabine/Cisplatin.

I'm hoping that DCA/Aspirin combo will help to keep her in remission.

As a Whipple patient, she takes Proton Pump Inhibitor daily (Protonix 40mg).  PPI is supposed to reduce the risk of GI side effects from Aspirin.  I'm mostly worried about unknown interactions between DCA and Aspirin.

Thank you very much in advance for your reply.

Eli G.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments Off

Comments are closed.