Pheochromocytoma

Home Forums General DCA Discussion Pheochromocytoma

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Diane in Canada 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Diane in Canada
    Participant

Are there any studies, descriptions, even rumors about the effectiveness of using DCA against any form of pheochromocytoma or functioning paraganglioma?

Diane in Canada
    Participant

Hello?  Anyone?

mitochondriac
    Participant

As you know, this forum is a gathering place for cancer patients and early adopters who are prepared to experiment with novel treatments when available remedies have failed us. The only physicians openly working with DCA and cancer are at the Medicor Clinic in Canada.

www.medicorcancer.com/

It appears that you may be the first to enquire about DCA and pheochromocytoma.

Mito

Diane in Canada
    Participant

Thank you so much for answering.  I feel like a troll wandering this forum LOL.  I'm not surprised to hear that no one has asked you about pheo, it's so rare but IS a form of cancer.  I have been searching alternative therapies for some time now, but never know whether they will apply to me or not.  It's kind of like sitting in a crowded room where no one notices you at all.  I have been dealing with this diagnosis for seven years (and four surgeries, one round of radiation) and have recently discovered that the disease has metastasized to bone (two tumors on my spine).  Do you have ANY suggestions at all?

Interesting that the DCA clinic is in Toronto, when news of the discovery is coming out of the University of Alberta, Edmonton.

mitochondriac
    Participant

There are no trolls here, welcome aboard.

Canadians are a good bunch :-) I guess you know that the 2007 paper on DCA and cancer was written by a cardiologist who more or less chanced across its effect on cancer while investigating DCA's ability to promote healing following open heart surgery. As with many great discoveries, this one was largely accidental. I can't find it at the moment, but there may be a link to the January 17, 2007 article here:

http://www.thedcasite.com/articles.html

I'm guessing that you are savvy about diet, supplements and exercise. Would you mind giving us a sketch of what you are using?

Have you tried DCA at all? If you were inclined to experiment how would you monitor effect? Are there blood markers for pheochromocytoma, or do you rely on scans, or …?

Best,

Mito

titi91
    Participant

Hello Diane,

Please where are the two tumors on your spine ? (cervical , lumbar, ..).

My suggestion for your spine, it's to combine DCA with my magnets in different alloys.

Already done on 3 patients, with success on spine and ribs, waiting the results on a forth.(spine) and a fifth will start next week (a hip). I know, the number of patients is low and each cancer is different, but….!!!!

Kindly

Thierry

Diane in Canada
    Participant

I'm a relative newbie to alternative cancer therapies, and while I have been researching it for a while (just out of interest, not necessarily SELF interest) believe it or not, it's been just a year since one of my oncologists actually came out and told me that this is "cancer".  No one used the "c" words for over 5 years!  I was also told that pheo's don't metastasize so, all kinds of misleading information.

The tumors are at T7 and L4.  MRI 6 weeks after radiation (15 treatments) showed no shrinkage, but the docs say that since these tumors are slow growing they are also slow to die, so another MRI is scheduled for late February to monitor progress.  Pain is very managable right now, with simple Tylenol and Advil.

Right now for supplements I am taking Reishi, Spirulina and Immunocal (2 packets daily).  A relative wants me to go on Paw Paw, but I've never actually tried any alternative therapies due to the fact that my form of cancer is so very different from the fast growing high signature cancers.  Also probably because I don't have much in the way of support regarding protocols etc, so I have no idea what or how much. 

I've looked into Hoxsey, cannabis, alkalizing, Cesium Cloride, MMS, Protocel, the list goes on.  DCA sounded like a good fit all around which is why I'm here scoping the place out.

Diane in Canada
    Participant

Sorry, Mito… yes I rely on scans (WAY too many scans).  MRI and CT are the latest ways they are monitoring, but over the years I've had PET scans, MiBG scans, bone scans etc.  The blood markers are plasma metanepherines and when I am tumor-free they monitor every six months.  My team works out of Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton, Alberta and they are a great bunch.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments Off

Comments are closed.