NSCLC- great improval after taking DCA

Home Forums General DCA Discussion NSCLC- great improval after taking DCA

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

aldimir
    Participant

Hi! I writte first time about DCA in july 2011.My mother who had non small cell lung cancer (stage IV) felt very bad after 8 rounds of chemo. She began to take DCA in 10 august and after 2 week we observe o great improval, because she breathe easier, she recover her appettite and her wish to live again. I don t have enough word to express our joy.Probably only the people who had the same experience could understand us. But now, I have a question, and I hope that someone will answer to me. Two days ago my mother began to eliminated, after coughing, a white and somehow dense, secretion.Does anyone knows what kind of reaction is this?I have to mentioned that after this episode, my mother felt a great improval of her breat, so is not at all a bad sensation.Even if I don t receive an answer, I will continue to post here, because when I was disperate, the fact that I read about other people experience, helped me verry much.A last thing! Don t judge me too severe if I do mistakes when I writte in english, because I never study this language and I do my best. Greetings from Romania and don t lose your hope! God blessed you!

lukas
    Participant

I don't know the answer to your question. But please tell me what dosage you used. Did you use other supplements?

aldimir
    Participant

My mother constantly increase the dosage.First she took 10mg/kg, meaning 7,40 gr.After a week, when she realise the benefits, she increase to 20mg/.Now she say that 3 gr per day is a very good dosage for her disease. About other supplements, we decide that my mother will take only DCA, because she have fibrilation and we could t know how will respond her hearth to caffeine for instance. My brother bought her a natural antioxidant juice called Ciaga, but i don t know if this can be consider as suplement. We expect the CT (computer tomography) with hope.If you want an image of how much improving her health this DCA, let me tell you that after a year of immobility, she cannot walk few steps, now my mother cook, walk without beeing sustained by other person and very important for us! she began to make plans for the future. If a could help you with other information let me know!

lukas
    Participant

This is really something. I mean it. Has she improved so much since she started taking DCA that is more or less 1 month ago? Are there any other side effect besides what you wrote in you first post? Does she take it without any breaks?

aldimir
    Participant

Yes, there is a side effect and I am talking about neuropaty, that in this case consist in a small tremor of the neck and fingers.And about any breaks I have to say  that my mother have two, but because of her problem with the hearth, when she was defibrilated with electric shocks.After one or two day in hospital when she came back at home she took DCA.I have to say that she eat anything she wants( meat,cheese, sauseges, eggs) because the chemo devastated her strenght. Just for one problem we don t find a cure. After she sleep, when she wake up, the secretion of tumors cause her a major difficult to breathe (i am not sure that I make my self understood -i think in romanian and i try to writte in english).If someone knows a way to stop this thing, it will be a true blessing for us.And a last thing about dosage.I admitt that is big, but as my mother say: In my situation I have just one certitude…if I don t risk, I will die!I hope that my post answer to some of your questions. Best wishes from Romania!

mitochondriac
    Participant

aldimir,

I hope the dense, white secretion you describe is composed of tumor cells killed by DCA and chemo. If this is true, then it should become easier to breathe as the tumors shrink. There are two things you can do now that may help clear your mom's lungs and make it easier for her to breathe:

1.) Get a prescription cough syrup containing a high percentage of Guaifenesin. Guaifenesin is the active ingredient in many over-the-counter cough remedies, but your mom would probably benefit from a full strength formulation available only by a doctor's prescription.  More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guaifenesin

2.) Serrapeptase is an enzyme that reportedly dissolves necrotic tissue, and over time it may help clear your mom's lungs. More:

Effect of the proteolytic enzyme serrapeptase in patients with chronic airway disease.

Nakamura S, Hashimoto Y, Mikami M, Yamanaka E, Soma T, Hino M, Azuma A, Kudoh S.

Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tokyo Metropolitan Hiroo General Hospital, Japan. hb16104@alto.ocn.ne.jp

Abstract

OBJECTIVES: The proteolytic enzyme serrapeptase (SER) is widely used in clinical practice in Japan. We investigated the effect of SER on sputum properties and symptoms in patients with chronic airway diseases. METHODS: This study was an open-labelled trial with a non-treatment control group. Patients were randomly assigned to oral treatment with (n = 15) and without (n = 14) SER 30 mg/day for 4 weeks. Patients collected sputum samples for about 4 h in the morning on the day the trial began and 4 weeks later. We measured the amount of sputum by weighing. Part of each sputum sample was weighed and then completely dried and reweighed. The percentage solid component, viscosity and elasticity of the sputum were measured. Mucociliary transportability index was measured using ciliated bovine trachea ex vivo. Sputum smears were also prepared to count sputum neutrophils. Patients' symptoms were assessed by a questionnaire that used a visual analogue scale. RESULTS: After 4 weeks of SER treatment, sputum weight in the morning, percentage solid component, viscosity and elasticity of sputum, sputum neutrophil count, frequency of coughing and frequency of expectoration significantly decreased. The mean mucociliary transportability index increased from 13.3 +/- 1.8 to 24.4 +/- 2.5 (P = 0.0103). CONCLUSIONS: SER may exert a beneficial effect on mucus clearance by reducing neutrophil numbers and altering the viscoelasticity of sputum in patients with chronic airway diseases.

Another article, FULL TEXT

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2852049/

I purchase Serrapeptase from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Serrapeptase-120-Vcaps/dp/B000OESOM8

And it is availalbe from many local stores.

Best wishes to you both,

Mito

aldimir
    Participant

Thank you verry much for your quick and competent answer. I will purchase one of the product and I will continue to post here news about my mother health.About the white secretion what you told me makes me verry happy, because let s be honest, we, including my mother, never hope to a complete remission or a miraculous cure, we just want to improve her health and give her the opportunity to live a year or two. Here the doctors says that my mother will die in 4-6 months and since this my mother have the strenght and the ambition to show them that she will live much more.By the way, she beat the medical oppinion with 6 months already.And let me tell you something, the fact that you or Lukas, people that probably I will never meet in my life, have the time to answer me, touches me and give her a kind of unknown form of hope.God blessed you , and let s hear witchother only with good news!

lukas
    Participant

I think the logical answer should be 'it's tumor dead cells'. But it might be anything else. Maybe you can get info from your pulmunologist if there are labs that could test the saliva. Or you can stop taking DCA for a while – if it's worth the risk.

Btw. when did your mother experience neuropathy (right after taking DCA)?

aldimir
    Participant

We have here labs who cold do a test to my mother saliva but the romanian medical system is like this: if you refuse the chemo, or worst- if you dare to take something about doctors don t have any idea, you will be punished, meaning no medical research for you without medical recomandation.Even a Computer tomography it s a problem because you have to pay double or triple the price for this medical service. Now, about neuropathy – my mom began to take DCA in 10 august and the first sign of neuropathy was reported between 8-10 september. But I repeat she constantly increase the dosage.

lukas
    Participant

You're right about a health care system. And it's good you're looking for help on the internet. But don't shun doctors. They can help you if you know how to use them. You don't have to tell your doctor what your mother's taking. But at least an experienced person can tell you if it's not a serious infection.

For example a person I know is going to start taking DCA. He had red spots on his leg and started to think whether chemo was destroying a tumor while it turned out to be a typical post radiation symptome.

All I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't speculate.

Besides if you use DCA in cycles you'll quickly find out if your mom's reaction correlates to it.

Anonymous

hi all i have read ur articles, my father had lung cancer last July they did remove the lump after much argueing from myself as they was unsure what this lump was, after removal they examined it and it was SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER, his surgon said they got it all and that he didnt need any CEMO or RADIO however his ongologist said he needed 6 cycles of cemo, he managed only two, . After regular visits to the consultant my dad told them that he was exsperiencing pain around the scar tissue X rays they said were good i kept asking for a CT sacan but was told not to worry x rays were fine, however my dads pain got worse so after 7months they did a CT SCAN and informed us that the cancer has returned and that he has 6 months to live !!! they are going to give palletive RADIO for 2 weeks to reduce the tumour he is and was in alot of pain as the tumor is pressing on his rib cage, mybe an earlier scan would have picked this up and my dad may av had a fighting chance but the docs are too slow to act he is going on a cemo tabley called TARECVA we are just waiting for the funding again a waiting game. I have researched DCA and im going to start it as soon as i recieve it i have ordered it from this site it should be with me in the next week or so, any input from yous would be appreciated, i will keep in touch kind regards Michaela.

Anonymous

hi could someone please explain about MMS with the DCA ???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments Off

Comments are closed.