Liver cancer and DCA

Home Forums General DCA Discussion Liver cancer and DCA

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CAUS 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

CAUS
    Participant

Hi,

My mom has a stage 4 liver/galbladder cancer and she's been on chemo for the past 2 month. I am seriously considering using DCA and I have no idea where to begin.

Can someone give me some advise on what/how to take how much – including any supplements to minimize side effects?

My mom weights 118lbs (plus minus 3 lbs), I checked one of the online place that was mentioned on this forum for DCA purchse and was wondering what amount is necessary to get us started.

Also, does anyone have any experience using DCA while on chemo (specifically gemzar(?) and cisneplin(?))??

Thank you very much in advance.

JB

mitochondriac
    Participant

R-Lipoic Acid is very effective at repairing damage to the liver. I take 300 mg every day as insurance, since every drug I consume makes its way through the liver and not all are benign.

One excellent source:

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item01208/Super-R-Lipoic-Acid.html

Other members of this forum have experience with chemo+DCA and I hope someone will chime in.

Thanks,

Mito

CAUS
    Participant

Thank you for your response! Is that along with taking DCA? Is there anywhere I can find what amount of DCA to take for what type of cancer??  Thank you all in advance!

JB

mitochondriac
    Participant

Hi JB,

Yes, the R-Lipoic Acid should be taken daily.

Here are a few notes on DCA dosage and supplements:

http://www.thedcasite.com/dca_dosage.html

and

http://dca-information.pbworks.com/w/page/10399243/FrontPage

Mito

CAUS
    Participant

Thank you so much!

JB

hopeful11
    Participant

for 50 gm of DCA they charge me $85

for 100 capsule of Alpha Lipoic Acid they charge me about $17

The thing is since my cousin used it there's no side effects at all , my best friend is working in a big pharmaceutical well known company in the quality control department he examined the DCA that we purchased it from that pharmacy in Canada he said it 100% pure , we purchased before from other recommended DCA websites it was not pure at all lots of starch components

CAUS
    Participant

How much R-Lipoic Acid are you supposed to take? On a daily basis?? Is it depending on weight? Age?  Is it also beneficial to people who do not have cancer?

Thank you.

JB

hopeful11
    Participant

I read that it could be up to 600mg daily but most researches and recommendation shows that the optimal dose is 300mg / day

yes healthy people can use it as well it's a very good supplement

CAUS
    Participant

Thank you for your answer!!

JB

CAUS
    Participant

Glad everyone on this forum is sharing what they know!!!

JB

CAUS
    Participant

Are there any particular brand/manufacturer anyone recommend for r lipoic acid and B1?

Thank you.

JB

CAUS
    Participant

How much B1 are you supposed to take with DCA??

Thank you.

JB

hopeful11
    Participant

up to 400mg daily is fine

dimitrisk
    Participant

@CAUS

Regarding supplements, a good internet store is http://www.iherb.com You just type the supplements you are looking for and you will get all possible brands. "Best" is a cheap brand and very popular in iherb. Just do your own research, read customer comments and popularity and decide.

There is a company "consumer labs" that does research on different products and reports results. I am a subscriber and get their report. I don't know how reliable they are, but there is nothing better to trust.

They have a report on ALA. Some brands are OK, others "not approved"

I tried to post the table, but it didn't work. Anyway, R+ALA from "Best" is approved. Almost all brands are approved, except of 3 ones that were found with 15% less ALA than claimed. These were Z-labs, AST and Thorn.

B1 vitamin is usually OK (there is no evaluation by CL).

Dimitris

CAUS
    Participant

Thank you for the info!!

JB

hopeful11
    Participant

Iherb website is amazing full of info does anyone here try it before?

hopeful11
    Participant

Caus did you try to take DCA in 2 doses i mean 1/2 gm in morning &1/2 at night?

Did you take any days off during the week ? I mean some people take it every other day and others take i t 5 days per week then 2 days off

I’m not really sure if you should experience any pain if DCA is working on The tumors may be

Just one more question does his pain associated with tingling sensation or numbness ?

Thx

CAUS
    Participant

I haven't started on it yet. Still a little nervous (unsure I guess how much to use how often etc…) about using it. Still trying to read as much about DCA as possible…

JB

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments Off

Comments are closed.