Other compounds to consider
This link contains protocol information.
Here are some interesting articles relating to artemisinin and cancer:
a. Artesunate in the Treatment of Metastatic Uveal Melanoma - First Experiences
. Case report of a laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma treated with artesunate
c. Case Report of a Pituitary Macroadenoma Treated With Artemether
2. Tetrathiomolybdate, or TM, is a tremendously effective copper chelator, anti-angiogenesis compound. A compounding pharmacy is a great source for TM. Click here for information on compounding pharmacies.
3. DHA, (docosahexaenoic acid, the omega-3, 22 carbon
fish oil), gets incorporated into cell membranes and helps initiate cell suicide (apoptosis). There is a great study showing an apparent complete remission of a type of sarcoma using high doses of DHA. The maximum tolerated dose of DHA was 300 mg/kg. Start at 50 to 100 mg/kg and use dose escalation.. Anti-oxidants, particularly vitamins E and C are known to counter the effects of DHA. You should probably not take these anti-oxidants when using the DHA approach. Free radicals are needed to force the cell to commit suicide.
4. Alpha lipoic acid might be a good supplement to take with DCA, as it is known that DCA and ALA synergize.
R+ ALA is considered by many to be the best choice for alpha lipoic acids.This chat room link gives additional information. www.r-lipoic.com/ is another source of info. Taking ALA and COQ10 is probably a smart thing to do with DCA. Many cancer patients take both both.
5. MMS. Sodium Chlorite, NaClO2. We use this low-cost material for a variety of ailments ourselves. It appears effective against many pathogens and some types of inflammation.
6. Hyperimmune Egg A nutraceutical about which I’ve heard impressive comments in terms of maintaining quality of life. It is said to complement conventional cancer treatments by supporting digestive and immunological function. The word seems to be that it works. It is suggested it not be combined with herbal approaches. Link to additional information on thedcasite.
7. Tincture of iodine (7 percent solution) is what Dr. Simoncini recommends to treat skin cancers.
Here is a link to his protocols.
8. Trying to beat resistance to DCA. Link to page We are seeing resistance to DCA. This is an important issue and needs much input. Here are some ideas.
9. Alkylglycerols are a way to boost the immune system.
10. Melanoma options:(also see Artemisinin-melanoma paper above)
This clinical trial is very appealing.
***This paper states that "In situ photoimmunotherapy" gave the highest known response rate for melanoma. See this link too for two cases of fantastic response.
Rose bengal: http://www.pvct.com/RoseBengalPresentation.pdf
There are some antifungals reported to be active against melanoma in lab studies. See
Clotrimazole and bifonazole detach hexokinase from mitochondria of melanoma cells.
Simoncini interview with Doug Kaufmanm on melanoma. Video link
11. Pancreatic cancer? (DCA seems to work very well too)
Curcumin and DHA are synergistic. See Prevention and treatment of pancreatic cancer by curcumin in combination with omega-3 fatty acids.
2008. "Mice fed fish oil and curcumin showed a significantly reduced tumor volume, 25% and 43%, respectively, and importantly, a combination of curcumin and fish oil diet showed > 72% tumor volume reduction.
Oleander oil: Autophagic Cell Death of Human Pancreatic
Tumor Cells Mediated by Oleandrin,
a Lipid-Soluble Cardiac Glycoside
See also http://www.tbyil.com/autophagy.htm
How to make your own Oleander soup: This Dr. Ozel patent has the details. Look for the section entitled "Preparation of Nerium Oleander Extract". (extract here). The other option is to go to Honduras and get Anvirzel. This is a very promising compound.
Nigella Oil: Traditional Herbal Medicine Kills Pancreatic Cancer Cells
Black Cumin Seed Oil.
Triphala inhibits both in vitro and in vivo xenograft growth of pancreatic tumor cells by inducing apoptosis
"studies demonstrate that Triphala is effective in inhibiting the growth of human pancreatic cancer cells in both cellular and in vivo model." Wikipedia article on triphala.
Boswellia: Lipoxygenase inhibitors abolish proliferation of human pancreatic cancer cells.
Note sent to me "I consider this to be VERY IMPORTANT. The most potent natural lipoxygenase inhibitor is from the Boswellia herb.....called 5-Loxin, available from Life Extension in 75 mg capsules. Also available as a powder (bitter though) from Beyond A Century.
12. Here is a liver cancer protocol that has
worked remarkable well.
13. This fantastic NSCLC response gives a full protocol.
14. Be sure to read Lab-Rat?, from the Wall Street Journal
15. Amygdalin or Laetrile. Here is a page on the subject.
I eat 10 apricot seeds (they look like almonds) every day as a hopeful preventative.
The NIH and FDA have pounded this material. If you look at the chemical structure of amygdalin, you will see it consists of two glucose molecules attached to the benzyl-CN group. As a rule, glucoses in series are polysaccharides and are often immunostimulants, So I looked to see if amygdalin has been reported to activate macrophages. Yes, a 1991 Chinese study shows it. This is a completely overlooked feature of amygdalin. You won't see that work being allowed or funded in the US. Amygdalin activates macrophages. Link
16. LDN, Low Dose Naltrexone. I am told that although this is not a stand-alone therapy, all cancer patients should take LDN as it aids many other therapies. 4.5 mg per day. Take a 50 mg pill and add 50 ml of water using a baby syringe. Then take 4.5 ml of the mix daily. Your total monthly cost is about $8.00. You can order LDN online.
17. Diiodoacetate. See Development of a less toxic dichloroacetate analogue by docking and descriptor analysis
Be aware that iodoacetate is much more toxic than DCA. The LD50 of iodoacetate is about 73-83 mg/kg versus the greater than 5000 mg/kg for DCA.
Building the immune system. Immunotherapy should be used by patients in their battle against cancer. Good options include:
1,3 beta glucans. Wellmune is said to be good source.
Royal Jelly. A good source is Beehive Botanicals. Fresh is best.
Glucosaminylmuramyl dipeptide, or GMDP, is said to be very effective too.
Sho-saiko-to is an herb well-reported to activate macrophages.
19. Cancer-specific treatments: Link
Questions? Email us
DCA Topically Applied
Several DCA people have used DCA topically to treat skin cancers. The use of DCA with an aloe vera gel has been reported to show good results.